Grant Call 7
Caregiver Support: Emergent Daily Needs
Excerpts from Enabling Masterplan 3
- The stress faced by caregivers of persons with disabilities affects their personal health in multiple ways—physical, mental, and emotional. This is due to the increased time spent on caring for the person with disability, possible increase in household duties, sleep disruption, emotional impact, isolation and loneliness.
- Caregivers need to have a high level of well-being; physically healthy, psychologically strong, socially and emotionally supported, and financially secure to perform their caregiving role effectively.
- Research has shown that informal networks function as a source of emotional support or respite for caregivers, and foster social relationships. However, these networks may be difficult to form due to the lack of opportunities to meet other caregivers.
"Caregivers of persons with disabilities often experience challenges in their caregiving journey and this may affect the quality of care provided by them and eventually having potential negative impact on their personal and social well-being.
Without the support of their family and the community, caregivers are more likely to experience negative outcomes, like social isolation, stress depression, marital problems and have more unmet needs. We welcome solutions, including those that enhance and complement some of the resources already available, to overcome some of the recurring and emanating needs/challenges of these caregivers."
Caregiver Support Logic Model
- Lack of awareness of the resources available eg. knowledge, support etc.
- Inadequate coping skills
- Inadequate family and community support
- Availability of future plans and support
- Conservative mind-sets and fear of social and cultural norms
- Lack of resources/support within family as a result of changing demographics
- Community lack access to caregivers who require assistance
- Lack of capacity and capability within the community to render help
Apply for Grant
How to apply
The following diagram illustrates the application process.
Before you apply
Take note of the theme of the current grant call and its closing date. Attend the briefing session to learn about the grant application process and gather information on the grant call. Take note of the eligibility criteria and the project guidelines.
Download the Application Form.
Read the details of the grant on SG Enable’s website carefully and ensure that your project fulfills all criteria listed on the website. Complete the Application Form and submit it to SG Enable via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to 20 LengkokBahru, #02-06, Singapore 159053.
After you apply
Upon receipt of your completed application form, Tote Board – Enabling Lives Initiative Grant Programme Office will send you an acknowledgement email. The Grant Programme Office may get in touch with you to better understand your project idea and your organisation.
You may be requested to provide more information where necessary.
If your project is shortlisted, you will be invited to meet up with the Grant Programme Office to further develop and refine your project ideas. All refined project proposals will be subjected to a review and evaluation by an independent Grant Evaluation Committee.
If the application is successful, you will be informed and a letter of offer will be sent to you. All unsuccessful applicants will be informed accordingly.
Overview of Grant
Grant Call 7: Caregiver Support - Emergent Daily Needs
GC7 Briefing - Break-out Discussion Notes